Life Comes From It makes small grants of $2,500–$25,000 to organizations. Most grants will be one-time only, though there may be exceptions. To receive a grant, you need to be a 501c3 organization or be fiscally sponsored by a 501c3. If you are neither, we can help connect you to fiscal sponsors. Organizations must be based in the United States.
Mission: Life Comes From It is a grantmaking circle. We support grassroots movement-building in restorative justice, transformative justice, indigenous peacemaking, and land-based healing, with work rooted in lived experience and relationships.
Funding Values & Criteria:
We aim to support projects, organizations and collaborations that embody these values:
- Commitment to working towards replacing criminalization and incarceration with alternative approaches to address violence and repair harm rooted in community solutions
- Prioritizing peacemaking development and indigenous initiatives led by Native people
- Rooting the work in the community’s own culture(s), language(s), place(s), faith(s), and belief system(s) so it reflects the people that engage in it
- Guided by the wisdom of people, families, and communities of color
- Commitment to anti-oppression practices
- Supporting the creation of new thinking and language that is holistic, intersectional, interdependent, and liberatory
- Promoting and sustaining collective leadership, collaboration and partnership
- Living the values of the work internally and externally to build community and heal harm within and against communities
- Intergenerational inclusivity—people of all generations: youth, adults, elders are encouraged to apply